The building, which was designed by G. Gumeniukas, was constructed in 1938. The owner of the building was Juozas Lukauskas. It had a small apartment with a central hall, two rooms and a bathroom on its ground floor. There was a passageway to the backyard on this floor, limiting the space of this flat on the ground floor. The building also had a basement with a storage area for the flats and a room for stocking the coal for the heating. There were relatively more extensive flats on the first and second floors, compared with the ground floor, which contains a large central hall, two rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet. The façade of the building is relatively small, and the entrance is hidden. The original wooden door still exists, with metal ornaments. There are horizontal stripes made of plaster next to the windows on its front façade. The back façade has two balconies with rounded edges and a cornice, which divides the main façade and the attic.
House of J. Lukauskas
Kaunas, Lithuania

Z. Rinkselio nuotrauka, 2019 m.
All our texts and many of our images appear under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License (CC BY-SA). All our content is written and edited by our community.